Our vision is “the holistic development of teacher trainees and teacher educators to give new direction to the society”. The college focuses at developing competencies among students and chisels their professional skills to turn this vision into reality. With the rare amalgamation of the Indian cultural traditions and modern technologies, the college aims at creating the best human resources reservoir to produce world class professionals and citizens.
As a leading Institute of Teacher Education in the region, our mission is to provide quality rather than quantity teachers in the society. ‘Education’ is synonymous with ‘liberation’; liberation from all hackles, liberation from all vices, liberation from cruel customs and unjust traditions. The college expands all its resources, human as well as material to prepare passionate, innovative, secular, and humane teachers with commitment to excellence and professional outlook.
The college enshrines and espouses certain objectives to keep itself in sync with the society:
1. To stimulate academic environment for enhancing quality of teaching-learning process by encouraging innovative practices.
2. To re-invigorate research in teacher education by promoting interdisciplinary approach, essential for innovations in the field of Teacher Education.
3. To help the prospective teachers to become a part of ‘wisdom society’ through organization of seminars, workshops, conferences and other techniques of higher learning.
4. To provide exposure to prospective teachers to diverse cultures and prepare students for global education challenge by bringing internationalism to the campus through student/faculty exchange programs.
5. To develop the students holistically by inculcating ethical, social, aesthetic values among prospective teachers through value- oriented education and community service programs.
OUR CODE OF CONDUCT: MORAL ORIENTATION
· Read Notice Board daily and carefully.
· Be punctual and regular in their classes.
· Not miss the periods when present in the college.
· Always maintain discipline and decorum in the college campus.
· Take care of college property.
· Keep the campus clean.
· Actively participate in all the activities of the college.
· Not hold any meeting without the permission of the Principal in the college campus.
· Not use mobile phones in the working hours in the college except break.
· Not involve in any type of ragging activity in the college campus.
· Responsible conduct & demeanor expected by the community.
· Manage their private affairs with the dignity of their profession.
· Make professional growth continuous through study & research.
· Perform their duties in the form of teaching, tutorials, practicals, seminars & research work with dedication.
· Co-operate and assist in carrying out functions of college & university.
· Modest behaviour with male & female students and other employees.
· Refrain from availing leave except in unavoidable circumstances.
· Try to maintain cordial contacts with management, principal & guardians.
· Refrain from consuming any intoxicating drug.
FOR LABORATORY TEACHER IN-CHARGES:
With the help of helping staff:
· Shall maintain a stock register for all the articles, equipments, chemicals, etc.
· Time to time inform the Principal for latest requirements of the labs.
· Shall maintain an issuing register for the issue and return of lab material.
· Maintain all the logistics year wise for the college audit.
· Ensure discipline of the students in the library.
· Prepare and issue Library cards to students
· Follow up return of books issued to students and staff members.
· Maintain fine collection register and instruct students to deposit the fine.
· Submit list of requirement of books to the principal for further procurement.
· Display new arrivals by photocopy of the cover page of the books and journals.
· Receive international journals & magazines and circulate highlights of important articles & news.
· Compile back volumes of journals and periodicals and arrange for binding and Stacking.
· Display of cuttings of news papers on education /social matters on notice board.
FOR NON-TEACHING STAFF:
· Non-Teaching staff working in the College office should remain on duty during College hours.
· Non-Teaching Staff assigned to Laboratories should keep the Labs clean.
· Any Loss or damage to any article in the Lab or Class Room should be reported to the Principal or Teacher in-charge in writing immediately.
· Non-teaching staff will carry out their duties as instructed by the authorities to whom they are attached.
· All parents and visitors to the college be aware of their responsibilities and contributes their best in the collage affairs in order to maintain an orderly, respectful and secure educational environment for the students and staff.
· Help their children to understand that in a democratic society appropriate rules are required to maintain a
safe and orderly environment for the college.
· Ensure that children bring only those items appropriate and related to the instructional program at collage.
· Aware of rules and regulations of the institution help their children understand them.
· Convey to their children a supportive attitude toward education.
· Convince their children to build good relationships with teachers, other parents and their children's friends.
· Help their children to deal effectively with peer pressure.
· Inform college officials of changes in the home situation that may affect student conduct or performance.
· Check their children be dressed and groomed in a manner consistent with the student dress code as they
are abide by the rule and regulation of the college.