privileged position as a premier institute of Teacher Education, Khalsa
College of Education, Ranjit Avenue, Amritsar, college
stands out from other institutions in Teacher Education makeing consistent efforts in fulfilling its social
responsibility towards all the sections of society.
1. To stimulate academic environment for enhancing quality of teaching-learning process by encouraging innovative practices.
2. To re-invigorate research in teacher education by promoting interdisciplinary approach, essential for innovations in the field of Teacher Education.
3. To help the prospective teachers to become a part of ‘wisdom society’ through organization of seminars, workshops, conferences and other techniques of higher learning.
4. To provide exposure to prospective teachers to diverse cultures and prepare students for global education challenge by bringing internationalism to the campus through student/faculty exchange programmes.
5. To develop the students holistically by inculcating ethical, social, aesthetic values among prospective teachers through value- oriented education and community service programmes.
We aspire to become an institution known for its integrating inquiry and action, theory and practice. Our general liberal education program, which offers students a common exploration of the modes of intellectual inquiry and gives them processes of thought to use in their major fields of study. The expertise we have in the scholarship of teaching and learning, and in problem-based and inquiry-based learning. Our creation of classroom situations that facilitate and encourage students to become intellectuals, problem solvers, and agents of change. Our requirement that all students participate in a culminating course or experience in which they apply the lessons of their discipline. The fact that our students and their teachers, indeed all members of the Khalsa College of Education, Ranjit Avenue, Amritsar community, are engaged in professional or service activities in Amritsar and beyond.