Guidance and Placement Cell
In Khalsa College of Education, Ranjit Avenue, Amritsar, alongside academic studies in the classroom, students have many out-of-class opportunities to engage themselves with diverse cultural experiences, to examine new philosophies, to develop new interests and skills, to prepare for active participation in a rapidly changing global society by getting suitable placements in the job market. To promote and work on these endeavors, the College has a proper Guidance and Placement Cell with a committee constituted by the College Principal.
This Cell is an integral part of the college. The teacher in-charges of the cell always remain in constant touch with the prospective employers to intimate their human resource requirements and to ensure best arrangements for placing its students in premier institutions. Conducting training programs for the students to enable them to face interviews is a regular feature of the cell. These programs include workshops on Personality Development, Life skills, communication skills and mock personal interviews, which are conducted by the experts from the community.
Since the inception of this guidance and placement cell, many students have been benefitted by means of their recommendations for placements to various educational institutions. Many reputed schools and institutes send commandeer to the college for qualified and competent teachers. A mutually agreeable date is fixed for holding interviews at the college campus, on learning their requirements. This placement is provided directly or indirectly by the college. The request for the suitable students is received telephonically or through personal contact. The college takes a prompt action to place its students by contacting them on phone and informing them about the place and time of interview.
This cell keeps and takes the help of following resources for its smooth functioning, like, it;
• Maintains a personal record of resumes, curriculum vitas (CVs) of the deserving students
• Views and registers for career service programs/workshops, and employer presentations
• Employment related documents
• Keeps the record of the students needs and requirements
• Receives personal messages regarding upcoming career services events
• Access Resource Library: view workshop Power Point presentations, Career Fair Brochures, On-line Career Development Resources and Career Development Tip Guides
• Connect with College Alumni via the Alumni Meetings
• Connect on social media for Career Networking program
This is how the college Guidance and Placement Cell, bridges academic training with career readiness, prepares College students to enter a new field, advances within their current profession, or changes directions if needed.
The institution has placed maximum students in the reputed schools of the city. Various institutions where maximum students are placed:
1. Mount Litera Zee School
2. Ryan International School
3. Shri Ram Ashram Senior Secondary School
4. S.L. Bhawan Senior Secondary School
5. Khalsa International School, C Block Ranjit Avenue
6. Ajanta Public School
7. D.A.V. Public School, Lawrence Road
8. Khalsa Public School, G.T.Road, Amritsar
9. Spring Dale Senior Secondary School
10. D.A.V. International Senior Secondary School