Our vision is “the holistic development of teacher trainees and teacher educators to give new direction to the society”. The college focuses at developing competencies among students and chisels their professional skills to turn this vision into reality. With the rare amalgamation of the Indian cultural traditions and modern technologies, the college aims at creating the best human resources reservoir to produce world class professionals and citizens.
As a leading Institute of Teacher Education in the region, our mission is to provide quality rather than quantity teachers in the society. ‘Education’ is synonymous with ‘liberation’; liberation from all hackles, liberation from all vices, liberation from cruel customs and unjust traditions. The college expands all its resources, human as well as material to prepare passionate, innovative, secular, and humane teachers with commitment to excellence and professional outlook.
The college enshrines and espouses certain objectives to keep itself in sync with the society:
1. To stimulate academic environment for enhancing quality of teaching-learning process by encouraging innovative practices.
2. To re-invigorate research in teacher education by promoting interdisciplinary approach, essential for innovations in the field of Teacher Education.
3. To help the prospective teachers to become a part of ‘wisdom society’ through organization of seminars, workshops, conferences and other techniques of higher learning.
4. To provide exposure to prospective teachers to diverse cultures and prepare students for global education challenge by bringing internationalism to the campus through student/faculty exchange programmes.
5. To develop the students holistically by
inculcating ethical, social, aesthetic values among prospective teachers through
value- oriented education and community service programmes.